By Christie Nix
1. BLAME ALL OF YOUR PROBLEMS ON OTHERS
2. COMPLAIN ABOUT EVERYTHING
3. DO NOT BE GRATEFUL
1. The blame game.
We expect to hear it from our children, but as adults, we can do better. Getting stuck blaming others for our problems is really our way of ignoring vital life lessons... Those pesky life lessons that wont stop until we face them head on and LEARN FROM THEM!!
When problems surface, or continue, you have three choices, let it DEFINE, DESTROY or STREGTHEN you. Successful people choose to walk through problems looking for ways to let it strengthen them, or at least hopeful to look back and see how they grew through the struggle.
If you can take an honest look at your blame game and see room for improvement, there are a few the steps you can take in finding the strength on the other side.
- OWNERSHIP: Believe there is a lesson to be learned. Seeing life situations as opportunities to bloom instead of living in doom.
- TAKE TIME: Next you’ll want to take alone time, or time to process. Hello gym!! Every problem or situation has more than one side, try to see the other perspective, how can you be more helpful or take action in making this problem better.
- LET IT GO: I can’t tell you how many times I’ve stood over the bar (barbell), breathed in my frustrations, problems, anxieties, and fears, and lifted it away. That process is so freeing, it creates growth, its action toward moving forward and past the BLAME GAME.
2. Complaining (EEEKKKKK)
"Watch your words because they become your actions. Watch your actions because they become your habits, your habits develop your character, and your character will develop your destiny." ~unknown
WOW…that was deep. But it’s so true. The most successful people I know, they SPEAK AFFIRMATIONS!! About their business goals, fitness goals, marriage issues, financial situations, and daily routines.
We all need to VENT from time to time, and that can be healthy. We’ve moved passed the society that says, “suck it up and move on, pretend everything is okay.” That’s not complaining. If you need to vent, express complaint, select the appropriate listener and be OPEN TO A SOLUTION!!
What I’m talking about here are the unhealthy complainers. It’s a chronic state of mind that breads negativity.
If you’re complaining all the time, you’ve lost hope. You’re not looking for a lesson to be learned, to come out stronger on the other side, or to use your journey to inspire anyone else, YOU ARE STUCK!! It’s a slow fade; don’t let the complaining become your habits, your character will suffer and your life successes will too.
3. Do not be grateful.
Have you ever just sat and thought about your blessings? Wrote them down, said them out loud, prayed them over your family?
Being grateful softens resistance to challenging situations; it can change your outlook in an instant and remind you to not take things for granted.
This is a big one for me in the fitness industry. Everyone wants a flatter stomach, firmer thighs, and bigger glutes, to eat whatever they want without gaining weight… Yes, those things are nice, but the ABILITY TO MOVE, your health to live, and a free country to exercise in are always things to be grateful for. ALWAYS!!
Perspective is huge, a grateful heart can offer perspective, and a thriving spirit, when you thrive, you’ll succeed!!